Ham & Cheese Monte Cristo
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- The sweet and savory filling, sharp cheddar and rich battered bread will make this everyone's favorite sandwich. Easy enough for lunch, yet special enough for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 can Deviled Ham Spread
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slice whole grain or thick white bread
- In medium bowl combine deviled ham spread, maple syrup and mustard.
- Spread 2 slices of bread with half of deviled ham mixture. Top with cheese slices and remaining bread.
- In shallow bowl, combine egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, melt butter over low heat.
- Dip sandwiches in the egg mixture, turning to coat each side. Place in skillet and cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.