Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- A unique blend of flavors can be found in this recipe.
- 2 medium lemons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 French baguette
- 2 whole shallots
- 4 whole flat anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 tsp Polaner® Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 cup Regina® White Cooking Wine
- 1 can Liverwurst Spread
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using pastry brush and 1 tablespoon of the oil, brush both sides of each bread slice lightly with oil; place on large baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges of bread are lightly browned and crisp; set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, in remaining tablespoon of hot oil, cook shallots 10 minutes or until very tender but not browned. Add anchovy fillets; with wooden spoon, stir to break fillets into small pieces.
- Stir in garlic, sage and wine; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes until wine evaporates. Stir in liverwurst spread; keep warm.
- Using vegetable peeler, shave yellow peel from lemons into long strips, being careful not to remove bitter white layer under peel. With sharp knife, cut strips of peel into matchstick-thin strips.
- Spoon warm topping evenly onto toasted baguette slices. Sprinkle each appetizer lightly with pepper and top with a few pieces of lemon peel. Serve immediately.