- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- A great snack to serve when having guests.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 can White Meat Chicken Spread
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp B&G® Spanish-Style Salad Olives
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Trappey's Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 package frozen white or yellow dough for turnover pastries, thawed (14-oz)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line large baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- In large skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, cook onion, pepper and celery, covered for 10 minutes or until tender but not brown.
- Stir in chicken spread, raisins, olives, tomato paste, pepper sauce and oregano. Stir in bread crumbs to thicken filling.
- On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll 1-inch dough round into 6-inch circle. Spoon 1/4 cup filling on one side of circle. Brush egg along edge of circle; fold dough over to cover filling. Seal edges of turnover with fork; brush with egg.
- Place turnover on prepared baking sheet. Repeat, using remaining filling and dough rounds.
- Cut small slit in top of each turnover. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Cool slightly, serve warm.