Latin Beef & Potato Turnovers
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- This dish has just the right amount of spicy kick.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 can Premium Roast Beef Spread
- 1/4 cup Spanish-style tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Trappey's Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp Polaner® Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 medium potato
- 1/4 cup B&G® Spanish-Style Salad Olives
- 1 egg
- 1 package frozen white or yellow dough
- In small saucepan over medium heat, in hot oil, cook onion, covered, until tender but not brown. Stir in roast beef spread, tomato sauce, pepper sauce, garlic and oregano; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon filling into bowl; cool.
- Meanwhile, cook potato and peel off skin. Coarsely chop potato pulp. Stir potato pieces, olives and chopped egg into filling.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line large baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll each dough round into 6-inch circle. Spoon 1/4 cup filling into one side of each dough round. Brush edges of dough with beaten egg. Fold dough over to cover filling; seal with fork.
- Place turnovers on baking sheet; brush with egg. Cut small slit in top of each turnover. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; serve warm.