Spaghetti Carbonara Style
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Deviled ham cooked until crispy, sauteed onions and garlic are tossed with cooked spaghetti, beaten eggs and a generous measure of Parmesan cheese. The heat from the pasta cooks the eggs; heavy cream makes this dish rich and creamy.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 can Deviled Ham Spread
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- In large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook deviled ham spread and onion over medium heat about 8 minutes, until onion is tender and ham is browned. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add pasta and peas to skillet and toss with ham mixture. Cook 2 minutes or until hot.
- Stir in eggs and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until eggs are just set. Quickly stir in Parmesan cheese, heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper if desired, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Stir in additional heavy cream if you like a creamier sauce.